My copywriting rates
Having been an SEO copywriter since 2009, I know what it takes to achieve SEO results. As part of writing rankworthy copy, I provide a combination of both strategic and executional capabilities, and my services often include research, planning, and ideation across all aspects of the content strategy umbrella.
Because it’s hard to templatize creative work, there are a couple of ways I price my freelance copywriting rates: either by working hours or by project type and size estimate.
My rates will often vary depending on how much pre-writing groundwork is required or expected. Exporting a list of keywords is one thing. But turning that data into a workable plan is another. Teams that already have the direction or briefs in place can shave hours off a project’s workload.
Freelance copywriter rates
That all said, my freelance copywriting rates are very generally priced at:
- $75 per 250 words of copy; or
- Hourly rate between $65-$85 per hour, depending on the project.
This estimate also entails non-copywriting work for projects that require SEO/keyword research, competitive analysis, link analysis, content planning, and auditing – basically all of the things that make your SEO work.
Blog content writing rates
Most brands engaged in an SEO content strategy go big with their blogs. This usually emphasizes high-value, long-form articles that not only rank but are written to resonate with target users.
Below are my general SEO content writer rates based on the size of the project.
- 750-1,000 words $250
- 1,000-1,500 words $350
- 1,500-2,000 words $450
- 2,000-3,000 words $650
- 3,000+ words $750+
More than just writing blog copy, this labor of love includes:
- conducting research to understand the targeting and SEO directive of the piece
- distilling data to effectively structure the inner workings or outline of the piece
- inspiring creative direction and how to position headlines, title tags, and copy competitively
- building in-copy links to related and supportive pages, both internally and externally
- providing a recommended title tag, meta description, and URL for the piece
In short, there’s a lot more to the process than just writing. But, if your team already has things like content briefs and outlines, I am glad to work with you on my copywriting rates.
My copywriting pricing is a general estimate based on the anticipated workload and hours required to deliver the highest quality finished product. Rates are subject to flexibility based on a project’s unique needs.
Contact me directly with any inquiries or questions.